Friday, August 27, 2010

One Month Old


Dear Grayson,

Today you are one month old!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  This time last year I would never have imagine that I would be celebrating your one month birthday today.  It makes my heart hurt thinking about how quickly this month has gone by.  I want you to stay little for ever, but I can not wait to share with you all that life has to offer.  Maybe just at a little slower pace!

Here is what you are up too!

-You weigh 9 pounds now.  Daddy and I love this because you are looking like a little pork chop!
-You have now moved into size one diapers.
-You eat VERY well.  You are still on soy but are taking almost 4 ounces every feeding.
-You are still wearing newborn size clothing.  We were definitely not prepared for this and have had to buy you a few outfits!  We though you would be a super chunk!
-You wake up every 2 hours or so to eat.  When you wake up hungry, you want to eat THAT SECOND!  It is an EMERGENCY!! I call you my angry beaver baby when you do this.  The second we put the bottle in your mouth you stop screaming ha!
-You really love to poop right after your bath! Mommy has learned to put a diaper on you immediately or the towel gets it!
-You make the cutest little sighing noise that I would LOVE to get on video.
-Daddy and I are competing to see who can make you smile first...the only thing you smile about right now is gas.
-Mommy started calling you Smooshy and it stuck.  Now everyone calls you Smooshy (I apologize if this continues the rest of your life)

Grayson, you are the joy of my life.  I can not imagine my life without you.  You are also the light in your daddy's eye.  He loves you more than you will ever be able to know.  We are so grateful for you and do not want to take one single moment of your life for granted.  

Love,
Momma


That my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.                                     Psalm 30:12




5 comments:

Angie said...

Your Grayson is one month one the 27th. My Grayson is 2 years on the 28th. It's just a small world! So glad I found your blog and get to see your beautiful baby boy grow! Keep the pictures coming!

Angie @ Angie's Daily News

Random Musings said...

He is so beautiful what a wonderful blessing...

Faith said...

He is oh so cute!! I love his little onesie and sweet little baby legs. And, what a precious little nickname. He's adorable!!

A Wedding Story said...

What a cutie pie...congratulations! I must tell you that I love your hair so much that I saved one of your pictures as a "future hair idea"! Hope that you don't mind!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Grayson is a cutie pie! I know it's hard to watch them grow up and have that little ache in your heart. But as they grow older they do become lots of fun! Savor the moments with your sweet little one...and hold him as much as you can while he is still snuggly. :)