Wednesday, August 4, 2010

1 week old (and one day)

It is hard to believe little man is already a week old.  I know that everyone says this but, PLEASE STOP GROWING UP!!!  


This was the best darn picture I could get! He is wiggly! 

Update on Grayson-
He is such a good baby, He only cries when he is hungry!  That's it.  Man is he a good eater too! We had a few problems at first with his formula but a quick switch to a soy blend and all problems were fixed.  I have a problem leaving him by himself right now.  I feel a panic attack coming on every time I try!  In fact, I have been sleeping in the floor in his room because I am a little freaked out.  Last night I slept in our bed for the first time since we brought him home ha! He is waking up every 2 hours or so at night but will eat, be changed and go right back to sleep.   I can not believe how fast this week has flown by!

We have had a few visitors and everyone is in love with him!



Ashley also came by but for some reason I did not take a picture sad!

Update on the legal matters of the adoption-

Tuesday was our first court appearance for Grayson.  It is the day his birth mother terminated her rights.  I got a little emotional when we were in front of the judge.  I think the magnitude of what was happening hit me.  The birth mother is doing well considering the circumstances.  She is feeling better everyday. Tuesday started a 10 day period in which she has the right to change her mind.  Once that 10 day period is over, we will have a 6 month wait to formally adopt Grayson.  I am sure those 6 months will fly by!

I really want to tell the story of this miracle but it is really wordy and somewhat confusing.  I am working on it.  Just know that it was very out of the ordinary and a HUGE blessing.

In the next few days I will post some pictures from the hospital.   I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.  I am off to bed because Gray will be up in an hour to eat again!

5 comments:

Faith said...

I'm so excited to see the update! He is so completely adorable! I'm glad you got the formula thing figured out and that he is doing well.

I really look forward to more updates and hearing more about Grayson's story when you are up to posting it. For now, get some rest =)

RELH said...

Heather, he is so cute. The laws in each state are so different. May peace be with you as you wait.

Leigh said...

He is so precious! I really am so so happy for you! And I love his name, my husband's name is Gray :)

Membership Required said...

Darling. He is darling! I am glad that you have had some visitors come and share your joy. I can only imagine the emotions you might have felt on court day. I am looking forward to hearing the story of the journey you took to become a family. Sleep in his room all you want mommy or put him in a portacrib in your room until you are ready. I had my first in our room for about 4.5 months and our second for 3.5 months. Its natural and normal to want to be right there and the worry...oh honey it's just begun. Hugs, ML

Julee said...

I LOVE these pictures! I can't wait to hear the whole story. I have been very curious to how it all worked out. I can't imagine how hard the adoption process is on both sides. Thinking of you and hoping you are enjoying every minute of motherhood!