Monday, August 23, 2010

Gone so long

Oh my word, time has passed by so quickly!  It has been a while since I blogged.  

I have been busily getting things ready for the first football game that took place on Friday (I will post pictures later!).  Did you know that it takes 3 times as long to do anything with an infant?  Ha! I laugh and say that it takes me 3 hours to get ready because by the time I feed, bath and change Gray - it is time to start all over. Phew.  He is a wonderful baby though.  We took him to church last Sunday and I did not even get a picture!  I was going to after church because, of course, we were running too late to do it before (see above reasoning) but he needed to eat right afterwards and was screaming.  Everyone LOVED him and they can not wait to get their hands on him.  He will be getting Baptized in September. I am excited to share this with our family and friends yay!  Can he really be turning a month old on Friday?  Here are some of my favorite newborn photos, these were taken 3 days after he was born.  I love them so much because he looks SO different now.  









Update on the adoption:

Last Friday ended the period of waiting for the birth mother to change her mind.  I woke up at midnight that night and said a prayer.  A prayer of gratitude, joy and relief.  Artie and I are now on the road to adoption, our lawyer turned our paperwork in to the state and now we wait some more.  I believe he said February 18th we would head to court to make it official! What a blessing.

Sad news:
One of my friends lost his battle with cancer Saturday night.  His name is Todd and he is my age (28).   Todd is a husband and the father of a one year old.   Please say a prayer for his family during this difficult time.  We are sad he is gone from earth but rejoicing that he is with our Father.  

I hope you have had a restful weekend!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He is adorable! What great pictures! =)

Faith said...

These pictures and this update make me so happy!