Thursday, January 3, 2013

Bridal Shower

I am trying to play catch up with my blog posts!   

In November I hosted a bridal shower for Grayson's birth mom!  It was a wonderful day and I was so happy to celebrate her! 

It didn't really have a theme.  I wanted it to be fallish without the pumpkins and such.  





The bride loves cookies so I created a cookie favor bar


The cookies were heavenly! Yum!

I provided little slips of paper for the guests to write well wishes to the bride and groom.  
They could hang them on the tree afterwards.


This paper created the "theme"


The bride and groom

The bride and mother of the bride. So pretty! 

The blessing tree afterwards! 


I have a funny story about the shower.  I decided to have a few different types of cheeses set out to snack on.  I went to the grocery store to pick out 3 or 4 types of cheese.  I LOVE cheese...any kind of cheese.  I wanted to get something that I had not tried before so I picked up sheep's milk cheese. I didn't look at the price and assumed it was in the $5-8 range that the others were in.  Artie put the groceries away while I took care of Grayson.  All of a sudden Artie said my full name...I ran in the kitchen to see what I had done.  The sheep cheese was $29!!!!!  Evidently I was not paying attention AT ALL.  Oooppps.  It ended up being DELICIOUS!!  (luckily)  



No comments: