Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Finally!

Shew! I finally got my Halloween decorations up! Life has been completely hectic with storytelling and football season!

I truly love this time of year. Since it has been a bit on the cooler side the leaves have started to turn. Living in the boonies has it's advantages! I love pumpkins and straw bales and seeing mums on my neighbors porches. (Not my own yet because I have seriously been slacking!)

Artie and I have started all of the things necessary to adopt. We will be taking classes and completing our home study. The lady Artie spoke to today was amazingly helpful. We both feel better prepared and had MANY (if not all) of our questions answered. Hopefully this process will take about 60 days. We are very excited to get this process underway, it is the first step on our journey. I can not wait to see where this road leads. We are going to be very busy preparing for all of these things to take place!

Can anyone believe that it is 79 days until Christmas? Where in the world has this year gone? Has anyone started Christmas shopping? Me either...I told myself I was going to start early. HA! Even though I am excited about Christmas coming I am trying to savor this season while it lasts.
I found this verse the other day and it just holds so much meaning in this season of our lives.

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see

1 comment:

Amber Schmidt said...

I am crying... with a big pouty lip! I just cannot wait to see you have a little person to call your own!

I got the package!! I CANNOT wait to hang the ornament on my tree and the frame is ALREADY in Ky's room!