Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Un-Birthday

Weekend=FUN! Monday=Boo.

I had this wonderful birthday post ready to go for Artie's birthday yesterday.  But then I woke up and Monday happened.

Don't you hate when a wonderful weekend is ruined by a Monday?  Yeah.  Me too.

Poor Artie spent his birthday worrying about my car.  The dealership called and I need another new transmission.  That would round out this car to having 3.  In 2 years.   Not a great track record in my books.  So we had to make the decision to either pay the $4000 for the new (refurbished) transmission or cut our losses and buy another car.  We decided to find another car.  Everything will be finalized tomorrow and I will no longer have to worry about my car anymore.   Praise the Lord.

Artie is getting a birthday re-do on Thursday haha!

I do have to say that this weekend was wonderful!  So I just keep thinking about it and forgetting about Monday ha!

Saturday the band had their last competition of the season and the majorettes did AWESOME!  I was so happy and proud of all their hard work.  There was not a majorette judge this time but they totally would have won!






Sunday was a blast as well.  Artie, Grayson and I went to visit his birth family!  It was so magical to see them together again.  They could not get over how big he was and that he will be 3 months old this week.  I am so glad we got to spend the day with them.  I took some wonderful pictures of them with Grayson that I will put in his book.  We hope to get together more than just once every 3 months.  I pray that other families of adoption are able to have this kind of relationship.   I am glad he was his giggly self haha.  Sometimes he has a bad day and just cries...but not Sunday!   I just cried and cried on the way home thinking of the sacrifice they made for our family.  I could not imagine one day with out his sweet smile and it just breaks my heart.  (for their privacy I have colored their faces)





1 comment:

RELH said...

I hope his BDay redo goes much smoother!

Your little one is sooo cute. Aren't open adoptions amazing?! He is going to cherish moments like those when he is older and he will love all of the pictures.