Saturday, October 2, 2010

Homecoming and a Competition

Friday night was the Greeneville High School Homecoming!  In September, Ashley and I had the idea to contact all of the old Greeneville majorettes to come back and twirl with us.  We had a total of 21 baton twirlers on the field Friday night!  Ashley and I could not believe it...and neither could anyone else.  There were more majorettes than alumni band members ha ha!  Some of the ladies had graduated in 1965 and they were just precious!  Even though I did not graduate from Greeneville, I was able to be an honorary alumni for the day and had a blast.  I was so grateful to be able to twirl with everyone.  Everyone said that they will definitely be back next year yay!

Gray in his green before the game! 
(he stays with his Mimi while we are at the games)

The whole group

Ashley and I 


These little girls take baton lessons with us.  They made shirts that said "Mini Majorettes" to surprise us! We were so excited!!!  

Saturday, Ashley, our twirler friend Amanda, and I headed to Seymour TN for the first band competition of the season.  The girls did a really great job and we were very proud.  The girls were discouraged with a second place win because they worked really hard. I had to remind them that it is one person's opinion on one given day.  As long as they feel great about their performance, that is all that matters.   To make sure they smiled the entire time they were on the field, we told the girls we had a surprise for them.  They hit their first pose and saw this staring back at them....


Haha!  It worked!  They laughed and looked like they were having a great time out on the field.  It was a busy few days but filled with lots of fun and laughter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a darling blog and family! I just took a look at some of your past entries - congrats on the birth of your adorable son. Enjoy these days - they pass soooo fast. (My oldest is seven and my youngest two.)