You are 5 months old! Where in the world did all of that time go? It seems like we just met you! I look at pictures of you from your birthday and am amazed how different you are. I still see you as that little newborn baby. I told Daddy that it makes me sad because what if you are our only baby? Boy have you been busy this month! You rolled over, you have started eating real food, celebrated your first Christmas, met another baby, got your first cold, and visited The Christmas Shop for the first time.
You laugh and smile all of time. That makes Daddy and I very happy...between 3 and 4 months you hit stage that we could not make you happy. We were worried something was wrong! There would be periods of 5-10 minutes of happiness but then angry baby would come back. We finally decided it was a communication error...you see, we speak English and you must speak a form of Swahili. Since then we have worked it out.
I love to just sit and watch you. You really are a hoot! Santa brought you a Jumparoo for Christmas and you love it. You are very active and now you have a place to exert that energy. Along with the energy comes a temper! We also have started seeing that temper more and more these days...YIKES! If it is something you do not want to do, you will arch your back and give us the mean beam. Especially getting in the carseat!
(this was one of those times- you did not want to sit back in the chair!)
You are growing and learning everyday. Here are some stats from this last month....
- You weigh 17 or 18 pounds now. That is just above the 50th percentile for kids your age.
- You are a great sleeper and are finally a great napper! Wahoo!
- You love food. You like a variety of fruits and vegetables. But you still are on a 90% formula diet.
- You like a paci at times...more than you ever have but still not a staple. You like to go to sleep with it.
- You are in a size 3 diaper.
- You wear 6-9 month but they are kind of short on your legs ha!
- Your sleeping schedule has been weird this month and you want to stay up until 10pm! I think it is because you are actually napping now!