Monday, August 5, 2013

3rd Birthday Party!

On the 27th of July Grayson turned 3 years old!  The past 3 years have flown by.  The day he was born feels like it was just a few days ago.  I know I will be saying this the rest of his life!

This year Grayson wanted a pirate party (kinda).   Three weeks before his party he told me he wanted an airplane party...sorry Bud but the invites had already been printed haha!  The next three weeks I tried to amp him up about the party being of the pirate nature.  I knew once he was at the party he would not care one bit.  PRESENTS! CAKE!  UNDIVIDED ATTENTION!

I wanted the party to be scaled back a bit from previous years because we are doing something extra special in September.


The morning of his birthday started out with cinnamon rolls and special decorations.  This is a fun little tradition we started last year!






During Gray's nap time I went to my mother in law's to set up for the party.  Easy was the name of the game :)  Cupcakes from Ingles, a treasure chest and giant balloons.  







I found the cute little cupcake toppers on Etsy and they were perfect!  


Giant balloons tied with pirate ribbon. 


I also made a pirate wreath for the front door and I loved how it turned out!  This picture is from my phone...of course I forgot to take a picture during the party.  


I knew there were going to be a few kids at the party, so I made some little pirate kits.  It had everything one would need to be a pirate.  A bandana, eyepatch, mustaches, compass, chocolate coins and a treasure map.  



Of course my stubborn child had nothing to do with his pirate kit haha! 

 I was running around like crazy and forgot to take a picture of the rest of the food but this is "Sea Water" being guarded by Tick Tock Croc.  We served Zaxby's chicken tenders, fruit, vegis, chips and dip.  I did not want to cook this year!  

Excited about cupcakes! 




Grayson was so sweet when he was opening his presents.  He would go hug everyone after he opened one haha! 




 I'm sad that we didn't get a family picture this year but such is life.  Grayson was a busy boy and could not be bothered.  Artie was really proud that I kept things to a minimum this year.  I tend to go overboard!  Grayson had such a great time running around with his cousins and slept until 9:45 the next morning!!!

Happy Birthday Little Buddy!!!

No comments: