HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRAYSON!!!
I can not even fathom that you are a year old. This year has passed with a blink of the eye. It seems like your Daddy and I just met you.
This month you have just exploded in personality! You talk all the time. Sometimes we know what you are talking about but most of the time it is your own language. You do say ki ki (kitty kitty), A-da (Daddy), Mama (Mommy), tickum (tickle), nah nah (no no) and gog (dog). You crack us up all day long.
You keep Mommy on her toes-you are constantly on the move. You took you first step last week and now can take up to 4 steps at a time!!!
This month you went to your first play! You came to see Mommy in her USO show and
you did great! Daddy said the people around him got worried when he sat down with a baby but came up to him at the end to say how amazing you had been!
(this was taken at lunch in between shows)
Daddy kept you for 5 days in a row while Momma was at band camp. I think you had a lot of fun during Daddy Week. So much fun that Daddy was worn out when I got home!
You are a very happy boy! (unless you are having a melt dow) You are always smiling at anyone you meet. However- you do not like for other people to hold you. At. All. In fact- you had a babysitter a few times while Momma was at play practice and you would not let her take you out of your stroller. You are friends now...but it definitely took a while!
We took your cake smash pictures this week so I could have them for your birthday party. It was terrible! I put a bite of cake in your mouth and you gagged then ran away! You do not like sweets that much.
- You go to the doctor next week which is good because I have no idea what you weigh.
- You wear a size 4 diaper
- You are still in 12 month clothes
- You rarely wear shoes...but when you do they are size 5
- You have 3 almost 4 teeth now!!!!
- You are very tall!
- You love to eat! Anything we put in front of you, you like. Especially meat!
- You still have a bad temper and meltdown when we take anything out of your hand! OH MY DEAR SWEET MERCY!!! My most favorite is the way you throw your whole body backwards...it is awesome.
- You love to play ball with Daddy. This month you have learned how to throw it back! (Kinda)
- You love it when we say "YAY!!!" to you! You get so excited and start clapping your hands!
- You found the holes in your nose...and you like for your fingers to be inserted in said holes all day.
You truly are our pride and joy Grayson! You are such a blessing to us and we are so thankful that God chose us to be your parents.