Wednesday, July 21, 2010

2010 Cupcake Party

Sorry I have been gone so long!  July is so very crazy for me, even without preparing for a baby.  I have been gone from sun up to sundown most days.  I know I will be exhausted once he is here but I will be glad to be at home for a while.  Grayson is scheduled to be born via c section on Tuesday and we have been going CRAZY!!!!!   There are so many things that I feel I need to accomplish and there is never enough time.  I am still working on getting his room together (grrr) and we (Artie) have a few things that we (Artie) need to put together.  Ha!

We had our very last appointment today and all the doctors and nurses involved have been so understanding and helpful.  It seems that with adoptions everything is hurry up and wait.   In the end the only thing that will matter is that baby in my arms.  
Ok.  Update complete...now on to the fun! 

Last week, the majorette's annual cupcake party was held at my house.  Normally the party is after the first home game but this year I will be a little busy in the middle of August ha!  One of the majorettes could not attend and we missed her dearly but a fun time was had by all.  Artie came in the living room after they left and says "I could tell when the sugar kicked in, they kept getting louder by the minute!"  Whoops.  Here are some pictures from the night.  

These towels inspired the theme.  
I found them at the dollar tree and added the bows! 

Gotta have the cute puffs! 

It would not be a party at my house without candy

The yummy cupcakes on the stands I made-
another dollar store craft! 


The snacks! 
Polka dotted place mats from the dollar tree too! 
(notice a theme?)

Punch 
(I do not have a stand so i used a cakestand)

The group

I even made a cupcake wreath for the door! 


Love this picture of the girls...they are so pretty! 

I hope you all have had wonderful few weeks.  I am looking forward to sharing Grayson's story with you and his birthday!  Blessings! 

5 comments:

Faith said...

What a CUTE party! That looks like so much fun. I love all your cute decor.

So excited for your sweet family!!

Angie said...

Great party! Can't wait to see Baby Gray!!! I will be praying for you and your family!!!!

Audra said...

You are having a baby in 5 DAYS! You must bring him down to see me!

1 Funky Woman said...

Wow the cupcake party looks like so much fun! Love all the details and colors! Can't wait for your little guy!

Lianna Knight said...

Such a cute little party...LOVE the cupcake stand---wasn't it SO easy to make?!?!?