Sunday, July 19, 2009

Best Cookies EVER!

For some reason the stars were aligned just right today and I was able to get my WHOLE to do list completed. This NEVER happens. I get distracted by shiny things and reality tv. I cant help it. Which by the way...I am in LOVE with the show Ruby. I love that she is southern. She really cracks me up. She calls her "area" Christmas. How funny is that. Wait...what was I talking about. Oh right, the to do list. Well...the WHOLE thing is done. Including making cookies, washing the sheets and giving the dogs a bath. My oh my the procrastinator in me is going on strike.

Ok..I have a cookie recipe to share that is VERY quick and easy! This recipe is great for summer and I can not wait to try other variations of it.


1 Duncan Hines Cake Mix (I used french vanilla)
2 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
Craisins
sliced almonds (you can use pecans)
white chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray
Mix the eggs, oil and cake mix all together
Mix the craisins, WC chips, and almonds (as much as you would like)
Scoop onto cookie sheet
Bake for 12 minutes
Then let cool and eat (or you can suffer the pain for the pleasure!)

I promise this is the most perfect combination of salty and sweet. Even though it does not have a pound of butter I still give it my seal of approval! You can also switch out the yummy things you put in the cookie and the types of cake mix you use. I have heard that devils food cake with chocolate chips is delicious. Let me know if anyone tries it before me!

I have a very busy but exciting week ahead of me (reason for the cookies) and I will post about it once I have a moment to breath. I can not wait to share some fun (not baby ) news!

I hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: