I am a wife and a Christmas Shop owner living in the oldest town in Tennessee. I long to be a mother but am walking the road of infertility. Through the blessing of adoption my and my husband's dreams are coming true! I love my husband, laughter, ALL THINGS CHRISTMAS and getting to know my incredible Savior, one journey at a time.
I would love to hear from you! Feel free to email me at email@example.com
I LOVE high school football! Friday night our Greeneville Green Devils took on the Hill Toppers from Science Hill. The weather was perfect and it was such a great game! The majorettes did a great job as well! It was a close game but the Green Devils won!! Here are some pictures from the night.
The principal Dr. Stroud giving her annual speech!
1. We got back from the beach over a week ago and I have still not blogged about our trip!
2. Gray's schedule has been all kinds of crazy since we got back. He has been waking up at 4am to eat!
3. Weaning a VERY strong willed one year old from the bottle is HARD!!! It makes me want to crawl under the bed and hide until it is over.
4. Gray was really crabby the few days leading up to our trip. We finally figured out what was going on. He is teething 4 top teeth all at one time! Add that on top of trying to wean off the bottle and you can see why I want to hide under the bed.
5. Oh! While we were on vacation Gray got a little cold. Add that on top of weaning and teething and you can see why I really want to hide under the bed.
6. My friend Amber is hiking the WHOLE Appalachian Trail. She started in Georgia and will end in Maine! I think she began in March and her projected finish is in October. The whole trail is 2108.5 miles and she has just under 700 miles to go! She ROCKS!!!
7. High school football starts this Friday and I could not be more excited!!
8. We are planning a fun bonfire party for Artie's birthday this year! October will be so fun!
Gray had a fabulous time! He loved playing in the sand and splashing in the water. All was going well until he got hot and had a meltdown. Nice. It was at that point we decided it was time to go.
Which by the way-
What is with the terrible two's come early? Any other mom's of one year olds having a problem with tantrums? He will get mad and hit his head on the ground. Then he will bawl because hitting your head on the ground hurts!! HELP!!!
Saturday was Grayson's First Birthday Party! The theme was a beach bash and was too cute! We held the party outside but rented some canopies to help protect from the heat. The colors of the party were turquoise, orange and lime green. I normally like to make a lot of the decorations because it makes the party special and more cost effective. However, this month has been so very crazy and I did not want to be super stressed leading up to the party. I purchased a lot more than I normally would. The whole idea started when I found sand buckets at Micheals for $1 in the exact colors I loved! So I bought them to go down the center of the tables with picks and ribbon coming out of the top.
The favor table- for some reason I did not get a picture of the favors!
We gave out Rayban look alike sunglasses that were adorable!!
Gray's monthly pictures
Above the cake table
For some reason the balloons look lighter than what they really were
The cake! It was so yummy!!
Time for cake!!!
He ripped off the decorations on his high chair ha!
No really...I'm done!!!
Off to the bath!
Time for presents!!
Tyler is the best helper!!
Yes...he does have his finger in his nose
Sweet birthday boy
Sweet babies playing with chalk!!
Gray was a little grumpy the whole time I did not get a good picture of his outfit!!! I need to because my friend Rebecca made it and I LOVED it! It matched perfectly!!!
What a great way to celebrate being a whole year old!!! We are so thankful for everyone's love and support over the past year! It was a great day!!